Better Foliage is a quite famous mod that has recently been updated for the latest versions of Minecraft and either with the Forge or Fabric API. Its goal is quite simple, to make Minecraft more enjoyable and lively by improving the appearance of vegetation. In addition to improving the appearance, many animations have been added and you can see that the grass is moving, leaves are falling from trees etc.. It is intended to work only on the client side, so you can use it as you wish on a server.
Better Foliage brings an important change for those who use shaders. The wind effects that are commonly seen in shaders (for leaves, grass, wheat, etc.) will be applied to ALL blocks of a similar type. This means that the wind will only “work” for the modified blocks, without having to modify your shader.
- Versions 2.2.x and 2.3.x require Forgelin
- Version 2.5.x for Forge 1.14 requires Kottle and MixinBootstrap
- Version 2.6.x for Forge 1.15 requires Kottle and Forge 31.2.44+
- Version 2.6.x for Forge 1.16 requires Kotlin For Forge
- Version 2.5.x and above for Fabric requires Fabric API and Fabric Language Kotlin
Download Better Foliage
|Better Foliage for 1.16.5||2.6.3||May 16, 2021||Download page|
|Better Foliage for 1.15.2||2.6.3||May 16, 2021||Download page|