Today, the second snapshot of Minecraft version 1.16.2, the 20w28a, is now available in your launcher. It fixes various bugs and adds experimental support for custom biomes.
Additions and modifications :
- The black rock can now be used to make a still.
- Villagers emit green particles when they join a village, when they set up a bed and when they get a profession.
- Immortality totems now give a 40s fire resistance effect upon activation.
- Changes to the loot obtained through barter.
- A Piglin can now give a vial of water, black rock or a spectral arrow against a gold ingot.
- This change makes black rock renewable.
- A Piglin no longer gives a cream of magma or luminous powder in exchange for a gold ingot.
- Addition of an experimental support for customized biomes.
- Addition of a “worldgen” folder for data packs.
- worldgen/biome can contain biome definitions.
- worldgen/configured_carver can contain world sculptor parameter definitions
- worldgen/configured_feature can contain feature placement definitions
- worldgen/configured_structure_feature can contain definitions of structure investments
- worldgen/configured_surface_builder can contain surface definitions
- worldgen/processor_list can contain lists of block processors
- worldgen/template_pool can contain definitions of pools of jigsaw structures
- Custom biomes can be used in different types of worlds (Surface, Cave and Floating Island) after selecting the Data pack.
- Custom biomes can be used in custom dimensions.
- Addition of a “worldgen” folder for data packs.
- Added two new custom tags that can be customized via a data pack:
- base_stone_overworld: Define which target blocks the ores and others have to replace to be generated in the Overworld.
- base_stone_nether: Define which target blocks the ores and others must replace to be generated in the Nether.
- Dedicated servers can now eject clients that are constantly sending too many packets per second.
- Controlled by a rate limit setting in server.properties, it defaults to “0” (no limit).
FIXED BUGS IN 20W28A
- MC-34661 – Thorns enchantment causes double armor decay
- MC-65953 – Tags IsBaby and IsVillager can’t be changed from true to false with /entitydata
- MC-171363 – Nether forest biomes: Large fungi and small plants only generate on the topmost layer of nylium, leaving all lower layers devoid of flora
- MC-172221 – Hoglins, zoglins, ravagers, iron golems, and polar bears won’t walk down a block if they are partially walking on air
- MC-173526 – All Minecarts can survive in lava
- MC-174479 – Cannot place sea pickles on soul sand
- MC-174520 – Soul particle texture is incorrect for the first frame
- MC-176753 – Piglins stand around dropped golden items if their “CanPickUpLoot” tag is set to “0b”
- MC-179369 – Wandering Traders are always invisible in the Nether and the End
- MC-181204 – doDaylightCycle button slightly incorrectly labeled
- MC-181233 – Mobs cannot spawn on wooden trapdoors, but can on iron and nether fungus trapdoors
- MC-182430 – Piglins continuously try and fail to pick up gold ingots if they can’t reach them
- MC-182868 – Rail updates are 4-5x times laggier since 1.14 if the rail is on top of a non-full cube
- MC-185684 – Enderman can teleport when hit in cases where they previously would not teleport
- MC-185925 – Casting issue: Mineral vein generation uses 32-bit floats, leading to precision loss and potential crashes
- MC-187112 – Extra space in “Keep Jigsaws” button in jigsaw block
- MC-187126 – Jigsaw block UI is not closed when pressing “Generate”
- MC-187129 – Jigsaw blocks do not generate the correct structure until “Done” is pressed and the UI is reopened
- MC-188459 – Potted cactus still missing cullface argument for top
- MC-188534 – Potted cactus missing bottom face
- MC-189769 – Fungi grows through fire
- MC-190098 – Structure size and offset still limited to 32 for dedicated servers
- MC-190852 – Advancement announcement message has switched brackets for right-to-left languages
- MC-190856 – ‘/list uuids’ shows parentheses incorrectly for right-to-left languages
- MC-190860 – ‘/’ (slash) in chat and command block shows legacy formatting symbol for right-to-left languages
- MC-190891 – Certain redstone circuits causing lag
- MC-190892 – Brackets in potion effects are reversed in right-to-left languages
- MC-191501 – Opening a world from earlier 1.14 releases in 1.16 causes villagers to vanish
- MC-191571 – Switched square brackets for right-to-left languages
- MC-191579 – Book signing GUI has broken formatting for right-to-left languages
- MC-191656 – Right-to-left languages don’t perform as expected in creative search menu
- MC-192306 – Crimson and warped slabs use incorrect colors on maps
- MC-193073 – Game crashes when Piglins or Piglin Brutes convert to Zombified Piglins
- MC-193089 – Mobs do not get damaged anymore if they’re in lava and water at the same time
- MC-193125 – Cannot use “Inventory” key to write in recipe book, it closes GUI instead (Default: “E”)
GET THE SNAPSHOT
Snapshots are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Installations” tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: