It’s Wednesday and the 20w21a snapshot of the Minecraft: Nether Update is now available in your launchers. It adds support for world and dimension configuration. Mojang Studios warns that this is an experimental feature and they’re waiting for your feedback.
Additions and modifications :
It is now possible to toggle the Redstone Thread between a cross or a point by right-clicking with the mouse. When it is in the shape of a point, it will not emit any signal and will not be able to feed the surrounding blocks.
On the left side you can see the redstone wire as a cross and on the right side as a stitch.
- Adding custom worlds and dimensions.
- Added experimental parameters for custom worlds. This means that you can play with them, but there is no guarantee that any of them will continue to work in the future (even in the next snapshot!).
- The world edit screen now has an option to import and export a world’s settings to a JSON file.
- The text string for the structure parameter in the flat world presets no longer exists (they are now stored in a format common to all worlds), a different form of this function will be available later.
- The Buffets world can no longer be created from “server.properties”.
- The parameters of the flat worlds have been slightly modified
- Better support for creating custom worlds on a server is planned for the near future.
- Added a new command-line option “DisableMultiplayer” When used, the “Multiplayer” button is disabled.
- Added new command-line option “disableChat” When used, chat is disabled.
- Added the ability to control the height of the “spreadplayers” command via the “maxHeight” argument.
- Piglins no longer walk around admiring gold
- If you hurt a Piglin while he’s admiring an ingot, it will disappear.
- Increased chances of generating minerals in the Balsat Deltas biome to compensate for the reduced amount of Netherrack in this biome.
- Water lilies are now seen as a “waste” rather than a “treasure” fishing reward.
- The Mojang logo has been updated to Mojang Studios.
FIXED BUGS IN 20W21A
- MC-97247 – Map making sound uses equipment sound subtitle
- MC-97507 – Using item which modifies the held item shows “Gear equips” subtitle
- MC-107103 – Trying to interact with entity 3 or more blocks away without seeing its eyes only interacts client-side
- MC-113068 – Zombie banging on door subtitle is called “Block broken”
- MC-123155 – When any non-player entity enters an End portal the obsidian platform is not regenerated and the entity can fall into the void
- MC-147516 – Hostile mobs will sometimes stop attacking/following their target when directly next to it
- MC-166292 – Subtitle from foxes eating chorus fruit: “Player teleports”
- MC-169764 – Fish flopping sound shows ‘Footsteps’ subtitles
- MC-170930 – Nether Sprouts item not visible when held in the hand in first person
- MC-172090 – Piglins would rather hold a golden item instead of a crossbow
- MC-172207 – Parrots don’t imitate hoglins, zoglins and piglins
- MC-172255 – Piglins immediately dismount any entity that they are riding
- MC-177075 – Taking product out of stonecutter produces no subtitle
- MC-177088 – Polar bear step sound does not have subtitles
- MC-177438 – Turtle egg’s name inconsistently capitalized across different subtitles
- MC-177830 – Blackstone and basalt prevent Ancient Debris and other Nether ores from generating
- MC-178130 – Zombie Villagers are called “Zombie” in some subtitles
- MC-178212 – Nether planks, their variants, and hyphae are harder than stems
- MC-178298 – Ancient debris and nether gold ore can’t generate in Basalt Deltas
- MC-180257 – Crash when setting LodestonePos of compass to something other than NBT compound
- MC-180852 – There is no space on the beacon’s secondary power effects in the UI
- MC-181270 – Trying to open old worlds (in Region format?) without version information in snapshots does not show warning screen
- MC-181298 – Game crashes when trying to generate a nether biome superflat world with ruined portals
- MC-181463 – The buttons are not selected in the right order using Tab in the new world creation menus
- MC-181499 – Buckets cannot be emptied into a source block, but still produce a sound when trying
- MC-181511 – Chunks with redstone are removed
- MC-181522 – Chunks that haven’t been explored since 1.13 are resetting
- MC-181611 – Vindicators stop attacking you when they are standing really close to you
- MC-182514 – 15 Block States per SubChunk Limit during World Upgrade
- MC-182743 – Wither skeletons don’t spawn inside of wither roses
- MC-182912 – Piglins still do not change their current crossbow for a new enchanted one
- MC-183249 – Carving Mask BitSets created for lower chunk statuses
- MC-183786 – Named seeds that are not numbers are not being recognized
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: