The snapshot 21w11a of the version 1.17 of Minecraft is now available in your launcher. It fixes about a hundred bugs which are mostly rendering issues. Various general improvements have also been made.
Attention, the worlds dating before the snapshot 21w06a can not, for the moment, be launched in this snapshot.
Additions and modifications :
- Various changes have been made regarding copper blocks.
- It is now possible to wax a copper block by directly applying a honeycomb to the block with a right-click or via a dispenser.
- Right-clicking with an axe removes the wax from a copper block and reduces the oxidation of the copper by one stage with each click.
- It is possible to turn a waxed copper block into 4 copper ingots in a workbench.
- If lightning strikes an oxidized copper block, it will lose all of its oxidation and some of the surrounding copper blocks will revert to the previous stages of oxidation.
- The size of the caves has been changed.
- The frequency of appearance of diamond ore veins has been slightly increased.
- Using bone powder on Rooted Dirt will cause hanging roots to grow underneath.
- Hanging roots are now randomly shifted.
- Breaking the stem of a large foliage dropper releases a large foliage dropper.
- The orientation of small foliogoutts is now determined by the direction the player is facing when placing them.
- The moss block can now be combined with a stone block or cut stone to make the moss version of these blocks.
- The appropriate tool for mining a moss block is now the hoe.
- It is now possible to climb on cave creepers.
- Fully grown amethyst clusters will now drop 4 amethyst shards (or more with the “Fortune” enchantment) when mined with a pickaxe, and 2 shards when broken by hand or other means.
- The lightning rod can now be truly waterlogged.
- Players in “spectator” mode can now see under lava and powdery snow.
- The panels, the back of the paintings, the black gold rock and the jungle door and sugar cane object have changed texture to be consistent with the current textures.
- Added an F3+L shortcut to generate and store performance metrics in-game.
- This will start a recording for 10 seconds capturing metrics like tick duration or other more detailed statistics. This data will be saved in a .zip file located in debug/profiling/<yyyy-MM-dd_HH.mm.ss> and can be used to analyze performance reductions if included in a bug report.
- The exact measurements, output format and names are subject to change from version to version.
Get the snapshot
Snapshots are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Installations” tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Download Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w11a
|Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w11a for 1.17||March 20, 2021||Download page|