The snapshot 21w16a of Minecraft 1.17 is now available in your launcher. It adds a new behavior to speleothems and also adds large ore veins to the prototype data pack for minecraft 1.18.
Additions and changes:
- If a stalactite is suspended from a speleothem block with a water source above it, it will grow as well as grow a stalagmite below.
- The rate of growth is random but very slow, a single stage of growth can take several Minecraft days.
- A stalactite will only cause a stalagmite to be created or grow if the ground or stalagmite below is within 10 blocks.
- If the tip of the stalactite is waterlogged, it will not grow or create a stalagmite and if the tip of a stalagmite is waterlogged, or any fluid is between the stalactite and the stalagmite, the stalagmite will not grow.
- A sharp speleothem will never grow through a fluid.
- A stalactite can be a maximum of 7 blocks in size
Snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?